Completing a contact form, downloading free content, making a purchase - these are all ‘conversions’. Whether or not it’s driven by eCommerce, everyone wants their website to gain the highest possible conversion rate of visitors into eventual sales. The only way to achieve this is to truly understand customers. And the only way to do that is to include them as part of the project scoping process, ask the right questions, and keep them on the radar as part of a constant test-and-learn conversion research process.
An inefficient conversion process can infuriate users and make them bail out. But guess what? So can an overly aggressive conversion process that railroads users to the checkout when they’d rather by browsing the aisles.
Face it - finding the shortest possible path to checkout conversion isn’t necessarily a number one objective for customers. Just as big a priority could be having confidence that they’ve found the right product, or satisfied a range of needs wider than just buying one thing. This places an intrinsic conflict at the heart of the web development project: the provider of the website and its visitors want different things.
Grounding ourselves in an understanding of your specific customer groups, we can resolve those differences and deliver solutions that maximise customer conversion:
- Tactics for capturing data so you can recognise users from previous visits, without complicating the sale
- Focusing on where users have come from and what they want, to develop the optimum next steps in the journey (which might not always mean ‘buy now’ is best in the long run)
- Enabling remarketing via third party web properties
- Enhanced one-click checkout capabilities
- Assuring PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant credit card capture and storage
- Strategies to ensure you don’t miss out on upselling/cross-selling opportunities
After sales care:
- The optimum way of presenting clear delivery options and expectations for given customer groups
- Utilising geo-location/IP address to estimate delivery
- Methodology for scheduling optimum follow up communications
- Back-end integration with CRM, marketing databases
- Front-end integration with other web properties (single sign-on, consistent recognition) including mobile apps