Support Desk Engineer
The successful candidate will be joining Helastel’s growing Customer Support Team where they will provide software support and infrastructure services to a number of Helastel’s key customers. The Support Desk Engineer will be responsible for a group of Helastel’s different services and work proactively to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our service delivery.
This is a pivotal customer-facing role and will suit someone who relishes the challenge of solving problems, resolving conflicting priorities, balancing the requirements of both internal and external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and responding quickly to incoming support issues raised by clients.
- Triaging issues raised and allocating issues to the correct in-house development team to fix.
- Responsible for keeping the client up-to-date with progress of tickets raised.
- Producing weekly and monthly reports on support contract usage and ensuring the client is kept up-to-date.
- Control the finances of allocated support services and accurately contribute to the function’s financial (P&L) reporting
- Ensure that documentation is maintained and that knowledge is recorded and shared
- Maintain knowledge of current client status, including working with the project delivery and account management teams
- Identify potential improvements to the support function and contribute to its Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
You’ll bring the following to our team:
- Technical level of understanding of software and practices
- Relevant industry experience
- Proven commercial experience and awareness
- Demonstrable experience of managing SLAs and related analyses of performance
- Experience of working with teams
- £27,000 – 32,000