QA Team Leader
This role is responsible for designing the Helastel test automation framework for all areas across the development and delivery life cycle, including API as well as Web testing.
Maintaining and enhancing the Non-functional test process and supporting the manual testing undertaken by the test team when required. This role will also predominantly increase the overall automated test coverage.
Responsibilities of a team leader include decision-making, reporting, coaching, mentoring, developing the team’s skills and managing conflict. You will play a pivotal role in developing and coaching team members by leading regular and open communication and providing constructive feedback; you will be key in identifying team goals and assessing progress.
The QA Team Leader role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. You will be driving the quality of our products, by designing and implementing tests, debugging, defining corrective actions and most importantly, driving the Helastel QA Strategy forward. You will also track quality assurance metrics using Helastel’s Quality Model for QA.
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the performance and output within your team, and for escalating issues or concerns to the Head of Engineering where required
- Design, execute and implement a test strategy, both automation and manual.
- Design, execute and analyse automation test scripts & test results for Web applications, iOS, Android & Windows Phone apps
- Responsible for ensuring the team have sufficient levels of work, timesheet coverage and billable time percentage
- Able to set clear, achievable goals and objectives to maintain and improve upon quality standards for your team, responsible for keeping these under regular review with each team member and addressing any concerns or issues quickly and constructively
- Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and QA objectives
- Design and create test conditions, test data and test scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Develop and lead the automation strategy/effort and generate scripts to perform automated testing cycles using Selenium
- Estimate time and resources required to perform testing within defined timescales
- Work with software engineers to help them understand quality standards and contribute to the testing effort through automated testing
You’ll bring the following to our team:
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies such as Selenium, Java
- A proven track record of developing test strategy and process improvement.
- Knowledge of web, mobile and desktop software QA processes
- Knowledge of QA methodologies that cover regression testing, ad hoc testing, functional testing, user interface testing, integration testing, performance testing and security testing.
- Extensive professional experience in software QA testing
- Demonstrable experience of working in QA automation
- Thorough understanding automated QA processes
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins or similar)
- Experience with Apple hardware and software
- £45,000 – £55,000