Project Delivery Manager (PDM)
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager or Head of Delivery, Project Delivery Managers are the key in successfully delivering projects and ensuring customer satisfaction.
As a Project Delivery Manager you will be given responsibility for delivering a number of assigned projects ensuring they are planned and delivered in line with the contractual obligations. You will be the primary business contact for clients throughout the lifetime of a project and will work to build and maintain successful relationships with customers. As part of our project commitment at Helastel you will work to create a positive collaborative customer journey.
Additionally, you will help shape and grow the Project Management practice, as well as working to create and maintain motivated teams within Helastel.
- Accurate delivery and forecast of project P&Ls against plan
- Effective risk and stakeholder management
- Efficient resource management
- Take responsibility for driving projects forward throughout all phases of the project lifecycle in order to meet or, where possible, exceed contractual obligations
- Take responsibility for projects being delivered on time and on budget
- Engage with the project’s key stakeholders, ensuring that each stakeholder understands what their contribution needs to be in a timely fashion and communicate how they will deliver their area of responsibility
- Produce regular project progress reports for internal teams and client stakeholders
- Lead regular project review sessions, ensuring proactive management of the allocated technical teams within the project team to help communicate upcoming, forecasted or potential risks and issues
- Maintain and communicate the project Risks, Issues, Assumptions and Dependencies and support the communication of status changes with the team and wider stakeholders
- Collaborate internally with sales and technical colleagues to ensure new commitments are deliverable and appropriate costs are considered and planned for
- Manage and maintain project documentation and provide regular project updates to stakeholders
- Work closely with the Support Delivery Team on ongoing support work to maintain continuous knowledge of client status, identifying potential issues and opportunities as and when they arise
- Facilitate communication between the client and technical team, providing strong representation for both
- Work collaboratively with clients and internally to set realistic expectations
- Work with the Commercial Team to help identify and develop new opportunities
- Assist with pre-sales client development refining estimates and working with the commercial team to shape expectations for new business
Behaviours and qualities
- Analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Organised and focuses on delivering on individual, team and Helastel commitments
- An influencer – demonstrates personal ‘presence’ and gains the confidence of others through temperament, capability, calibre and excellent communication
- Manages external relationships for the benefit of Helastel’s reputation and success
- Excellent communicator able to balance the shifts between technical team management and client facing meetings and reports.
- Works autonomously, taking ownership for personal and team delivery and outcomes
- Continuously develops and applies professional technical knowledge to drive excellent organisational performance
- Works collaboratively and supportively with colleagues across the organisation
- University education or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years project management experience working in the software delivery or web design industries
- Experience of managing projects using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Demonstrable experience of data analysis
- Commercial awareness with regard to costing of projects and their business impact
- Experience of managing offshore teams.
- Project management certification e.g. Prince 2, PMP, Scrum Master Certification, or similar
- Experience of working in a small team
- Experience using Jira, MS Project, Standard Office Tools (Google and MS office tool sets, e.g. Excel)
- £38,000 – £48,000