HR & Finance Assistant
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is keen to develop a career in HR and/ or Finance. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to grow and develop their skills in a diverse range of HR and Finance activities; gaining administrative exposure and first hand experience to all aspects of these functions. This is a new role within a small team; supporting the development of our people through efficient administration and supporting our managers, so a flexible and proactive approach is essential.
As market leaders in the provision of various software solutions in our core markets; you will play a key role in ensuring the smooth running of finance and HR tasks for our external customers and for our employees and internal stakeholders, making sure we have what we need to deliver our services effectively.
- To work closely with the HR Manager, Financial Accountant and Finance Director to support Helastel in providing administrative support and an accurate, timely service to our colleagues
- To work in a professional, collaborative and innovative way as part of a successful, fun-filled team that builds on the great culture and successful working environment that defines Helastel
- Act as the first point of contact for HR and Finance enquiries, be a listening ear!
- Monitor the HR and Accounts emails, escalating where necessary
- Produce accurate and timely correspondence as required in order to communicate key messages and changes (new starters, changes of terms and conditions, leavers, etc.) and other general letters/ correspondence as requested
- Coordinate recruitment with the support of the HR Manager; being the first point of contact for agencies and potential candidates; liaising with hiring managers and assisting with providing feedback and organising interviews as necessary
- Participate and assist in continuous improvement projects designed to enhance the efficiency of the team, in relation to improved ways of working (systems, processes, etc.)
- Be responsible for creating, updating and maintaining accurate records relating to HR and Finance activities, processes, policies and systems; the onboarding of new joiners (including welcome packs, inductions and relevant key dates within their first 6 months) and staff that leave the company
- Lead on data entry and reporting key information to the HR Manager and Finance Accountant in relation to sickness/ absence monitoring, recruitment, retention, employee engagement, etc.
- Work alongside the Finance Accountant to ensure financial tasks are processed efficiently (ie: purchase ledger, sales ledger and payroll, bank reconciliations, credit control, expenses, petty cash, month end processing, preparing sales commissions for review and the preparations of the VAT returns)
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion when dealing with sensitive personal data
- Any other business related activities as directed, including general office administrative tasks such as data protection cleansing and filing
Behaviours and qualities:
- Able to prioritise and work in an organised, methodical way with excellent attention to detail (able to identify errors or anomalies)
- Highly effective communicator both verbal and written
- Able to build and maintain professional relationships and provide a high level of customer service
- Be a strong team player but with the ability to work independently
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, managing expectations and prioritising as necessary
- Deadline-driven with excellent time management skills
- Motivated, innovative, customer focused and have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Good fun and have a sense of perspective
- Strong general administrative skills with experience in handling sensitive information
- Understanding of finance, accounting, payroll, HR and recruitment functions
- Advanced IT skills (creating and updating spreadsheets, using financial functions and formulas)
- Ability to communicate clearly face-to-face, via email/ written correspondence and telephone
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Hold a Finance/ Accounts or HR qualification (GCSE/ A Level equivalent) or studying towards a relevant qualification
- Familiarity with accounting software (eg: Xero)
- Experience of using Google Suite
- Understanding of the technology and software industry