Head of People
You will oversee the whole People function of the company (UK and international), be strategic and commercially minded, proactive and be able to represent the People department in management and to the Board. Working very closely with senior leaders you will take the lead on building and implementing suitable people strategies and frameworks that will support the business as we grow, drive performance through coaching, and offer credible solutions that will be innovative, whilst also fit for our business.
You will have outstanding people skills and ensure that our People strategies and initiatives are effective, efficient, and aligned to overall business objectives. You will build on the HR function to establish well thought out policy, procedures and operational HR and be paramount at building an inclusive and diverse culture and ensuring engagement is high.
- To lead the development, implementation and evaluation of best in class people strategies that support the organisation in achieving its vision, mission and strategic goals. Translate the business strategy, and our vision and values into a people strategy, encompassing attraction, recruitment, induction, engagement, reward, retention, cultural development and talent development
- Manage People budgets encompassing recruitment, training & development, employee engagement and wellbeing
- Be an active and effective member of Solutions and Product business unit management teams, ensuring the high visibility, focus and delivery of the people strategy within our organisation. Working with, and through these management teams, lead the development of our culture across the organisation to enable us to achieve the aims of our business plan
- Manage, motivate and coach the People team and the performance of each member
- Sculpt and champion a high performing, mission-driven culture and ensure that senior and exec management have access to the right tools to support the development of high performance within their teams
- Implement performance management strategies and ensure the delivery of continuous improvement
- Evaluate the outcomes of the People Strategy and continuously review the responsibilities of the People department to ensure activities remain appropriate and in line with KPIs
- Own Helastel’s Employer Value Proposition, Devise recruitment strategies, overseeing their implementation to ensure innovative recruitment and succession planning is in place
- Manage department expenditure within an agreed budget
- Translate key data into an effective and commercially focused HR and people strategy, working with senior management and influencing them on the best course of action
- Provide company-wide information by interpreting people data and analysing figures on staff turnover, cost per hire, etc.
- Give counsel and oversee complex employee relations issues such as grievance and disciplinary cases
- Coordinate remuneration reviews and advise senior management on staff salaries in reference to external benchmarks, market rates, etc.
- Update and review HR policies, procedures and guidelines and enforce organisation values
- Champion change initiatives and a performance culture, continuously review productivity and employee development and make recommendations for improvements
- Ensure legal compliance is met in all HR activities
- CIPD qualification at Level 5 or above
- Extensive and proven senior HR Management experience, including management of a team
- Proven track record in developing and delivering a successful people strategy
- Excellent understanding of employment law with a professional and commercial approach
- £45,000 – £55,000