Head of Development
Helastel has ambitious growth plans, in order to achieve our goals we are building a strong management team to support the organisation. The Head of Development (HoD) will be part of the senior management team and will be a key link between the technical, finance, operations and commercial teams.
You will be responsible for:
The direct management of the technical teams, comprising key disciplines including analysis, development and test. Reporting into the Director of Operations, the role will also require working closely with the Board of Directors to ensure that the business and technical strategy is achievable, monitored and communicated effectively to the wider business.
Collaborating with the technical team, sales, marketing, finance and operational departments in order to ensure the company and departmental strategies are at the forefront of delivery to customers and any internal process improvements will be fundamental.
You’ll bring the following to our team:
- Extensive experience managing technical staff through cross-functional projects in a similar organisation
- Experience of leading delivery of software projects to budget and timescales
- Experience delivering to and meeting commercial goals
- Running a mature software development lifecycle
- A proven track-record of consistent project delivery of complex, interactive consumer sites/software
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of leading technologies and industry best practices
Technical and Development requirements:
- To keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies
- To drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team
- To write clean and healthy structured, well-documented code
- To build future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in order to drive further efficiencies throughout the team