The successful candidate will pride themselves on their attention to detail and be key in producing value adding reporting for the whole company, which will be crucial as we are going through an exciting growth phase. Working closely with the Financial Controller (FC), you will take responsibility for maintaining and reporting on information relating to monthly management accounts, cash flow and payroll.
- Supporting the FC to keep a tight grasp on the financial controls of the company.
- Processing of financial information and keeping all records up to date with regulatory compliance.
- Reporting on key performance indicators.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly management accounts, variance analysis and control accounts and reporting relevant information to the business.
- Maintain the cash flow forecast by ensuring daily movements are recorded; forecasted receipts and payments are updated weekly; and monthly summary information and analysis are produced.
- Process the quarterly VAT return and analyse the information to ensure that the transactions included in the claim adhere to HMRC claim criteria.
- Manage the purchase ledger, sales ledger and employee expenses ensuring processes are followed and procedures communicated as required to the wider business.
- Be responsible for the preparation of the monthly payroll, liaising with the HR department and with the commercial to confirm sales commission payments.
- Supporting the FC with implementation of new finance infrastructure and key finance projects within the business.
- Line management (at a later stage) of the Finance Assistant.
Behaviours and qualities
- High attention to detail
- Flexible working approach
- Highly effective communicator both verbal and written
- Well developed organisational and planning skills
- Thrive in a busy environment
- Deadline-driven with excellent time management skills
- Motivated, innovative and have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to communicate with skill and emotional awareness
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role
- Payroll experience
- Part Qualified / Qualified Accountant
- Strong core accounting skills
- Experience of Xero accounting software
- Experience of working with G-Suite (Google Workplace)
- Excel skills – comfortable with lookups, pivot tables, sumifs
- Previous experience in line management, comfortable managing an assistant
- £30,000 – £35,000