Bid & Proposals Manager
We require an experienced Bid and Proposals Manager to work closely with the Commercial Director and sales team to produce quality proposals and bids in order to win new business and retain existing clients through the formal proposal, tendering and bidding processes.
You will be responsible for:
- Produce Bid Plans and be responsible for the bid Gate Process in line with desired customer and internal timelines.
- Generate compelling written proposal content where appropriate.
- Maintain an effective bid library.
- Coordinate all parties involved in the bid process against the Bid plan and formal Gate reviews, ensuring everyone is aware of the level of contribution expected and any deadlines that are required to be met.
- Run internal information-gathering sessions to understand the requirements of the opportunity, the complexity of the solution required and risk assessments for the business.
- Organise meetings, and gather high-quality information from internal and prospect stakeholders in order to produce clear, concise and compelling bid collateral.
- Manage the communication of technical aspects of bids; ensuring that all technical information is presented in layperson terms for understanding by non-technical stakeholders.
- Be responsible for holding timeframes and deadlines for the delivery of bids and tenders.
- Proactively identify prospective new opportunities for tendering by environmental scanning.
- Monitor opportunities arising within the Digital and Outcomes (DOS) framework and recommend opportunities to bid.
You’ll bring the following to our team:
- At least 5 years successful experience in bid management and proposal writing
- Evidence of formal Bid Management training – Shipley, APMP, etc
- Experience and understanding of Software Engineering bid writing
- Commercial/Sales awareness
- Experience of bidding for public and private sector contracts
- Knowledge of standard RFP and procurement led sales processes
- Strong and compelling written content production
- An appropriate level of familiarity with agile software development techniques and technologies
- £35,000 – £42,000