We are pleased to announce that Helastel has signed up to the West of England Good Employment Charter.
The Charter is an accreditation scheme that aims to improve the standards of employment within the West of England across businesses of all sizes and sectors, through seven characteristics that will raise the value and quality of work. The Charter supports organisations to become ‘employers of choice’, so they can achieve better productivity and growth, staff retention and recruit talented team members.
The seven Charter characteristics are:
- Secure work – providing a safe and secure role and environment
- Flexible work – offering flexibility around working hours and place of work
- Real Living wage – committing to paying staff a fair and reasonable wage
- Engagement and voice – keeping employees informed and involving them in decision-making
- Fair recruitment – practising recruitment in a manner that is free of bias
- Developing people – helping employees reach their full potential
- Health and wellbeing – supporting employees’ mental and physical health
The Good Employment Charter intends to help set the standard for working practices within our region. It aims to help improve working practices within businesses, enabling more inclusive, equitable and sustainable working for staff, with the result of positively benefiting people, society, and the wider economy. Other signatories include Aardman Animations, Bristol Airport and Oxford Instruments.
Head of People Emma Walters commented: “We’re hugely pleased to have become a part of the Good Employment Charter. At Helastel our strong, people-first company culture has always been a key commitment for us, so being a signatory of the Charter felt like a natural fit. The Charter is a fantastic scheme, and we’re pleased to support it to help drive higher employment standards across the West of England.”