Yes please. We would like to hear from you if you like the look of the work we do and think we would get along. Helastel almost always has openings for software development jobs as well as non technical roles. We are fiercely proud of the work we do here and it is a great place to work. You can read more about what it's like to work here on our Life at Helastel page.
We recruit practical, pragmatic people that can hold their own in a team of independent, bright colleagues. We aren’t always recruiting but we are always interested to know about like-minded people, so do register your interest even if there aren’t any specific roles below that are a fit for you.
Current opportunities with us
We are looking for a bright individual, to review and refine current HR structure with a view to aligning this with the overall growth strategy for a scalable organisation. This will involve working closely with the management team to ensure Helastel’s position in attracting the top talent in the market. Looking after our team is a huge priority for us, so championing company culture ensuring a happy working environment is key to this role.
- Lead and work with the board to design and deliver an organisation wide plan enabling achievement of company’s objectives.
- Work with the board on accurate forecasting of business staff needs and on development of a staff talent.
- Design and implement people engagement and well-being strategies to promote and grow productivity.
- To gather and assess training needs, to carry out assessment of the training needs and to deliver recommendations to the board.
- Build solid relationships with business managers and respond to their needs.
- To manage the recruitment process for the business.
- To ensure that Helastel complies with latest relevant HR legislation, and to analyse market data to ensure the competitiveness of Helastel’s salary and benefits packages.
You will need to have the following experience and/or qualifications for this role:
- A degree or postgraduate qualification in Human Resources/Personnel Management and a qualified member of the CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development); and/or proven experience in a senior HR position;
- Experience of planning, developing and implementing successful strategies;
- A broad understanding of UK/EU employment legislation and its practical application;
- A proven record of designing and implementing policies and procedures from scratch;
- Previous experience in technology companies would be an advantage.
Behaviours and qualities
- A strategic mindset for developing and supporting growth strategy of the company.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of dealing with senior management and challenging individuals.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the team.
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger picture.
- Excellent understanding of employment law.
- A professional and commercial approach to HR.
We are looking for a self motivated individual to work closely with the Commercial Director and the Sales Team to support Helastel in producing quality proposals to win new work and retain existing clients through the formal proposal, tendering and bidding processes. You will manage the Bid Process through Gate reviews, coordinate resources and responses against timelines and write and and manage commercial bids for bespoke software engineering solutions and Intelastel product offers. This includes creating content and “humanising” technical descriptions. We are looking for a professional, collaborative and innovative person to work as part of a successful, fun filled team that builds on the great culture and successful environment that defines Helastel.
- Produce Bid Plans and be responsible for the bid Gate Process in line with desired customer and internal timelines.
- Coordinate all parties involved in the bid process against the Bid plan and formal Gate reviews, ensuring everyone is aware of the level of contribution expected and any deadlines that are required to be met.
- Proactively identify prospective new opportunities for tendering by building pre sales relationships that are commercially relevant.
- Organise meetings to get accurate, high quality information from internal and prospect stakeholders in order to produce bid collateral.
- Organise and run information gathering sessions with internal staff to understand the requirements of the prospect, the complexity of the solution required and risk assessments for the business.
- Be responsible for the quality of all aspects of the bid, including written documentation and presentation slides.
- Ensure that all aspects of the bid, including written documentation and presentation material is of a high quality clear, concise and compelling.
- Manage technical aspects of bids; ensuring that all technical information is presented in layperson terms for understanding by non- technical stakeholders.
- Be responsible for holding timeframes and deadlines for the delivery of bids and tenders.
Behaviours and qualities
- Knowledge and understanding of Government frameworks
- Knowledge and understanding of Government’s Data Standards guidelines
- High attention to detail with an excellent editing and proofing ability
- Understanding of web development and digital marketing
- An appropriate level of familiarity with custom software development techniques and technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile software development processes
- Some knowledge of project management practices
- Understanding of business and the basic concepts that drive business decisions
Does this sound like the kind of place you want to work?
Helastel is based on the Triangle in Bristol and makes bespoke software, websites and applications for clients in the UK and overseas. We’re a small company with big reach. We manage projects of great complexity for a company of our size. We’re commercially aware as well as super-techy - we communicate well and really understand our customers, and their customers’ customers. We’re informal and easy to talk to and we have great work-life balance.
This is what our software engineers sound like:
It’s really good working here. It’s partly because it’s a nice office in a great place with good people, partly because the work we do is cool and we’re mentored by experienced and seriously good brains, and partly the ethos of getting to know the client and why the software we’re working on makes a difference. But it’s mostly because we’re really into the work we do. You have to be able to make things happen to like working here - you have to really think and talk things out, find new ways of making things lovely, solve problems and produce work that you like doing and are proud of. No-one will spoon-feed you. That’s what keeps most of us here so long.
We write business-critical software, lots of it. Speed at coding isn’t the only important thing - fast is good but we’re also creative and collaborative. We’re often at tech events and hack days - one of our team made it to the final of the PayPal hack competition in San Francisco this year. We sport a good team for the PHP pub quiz and have hosted LAN parties in the office. We have to keep up with new stuff - you never know what’s going to turn up in the next project!