BESPOKE WEB DEVELOPMENT
The big picture:
"IAM to have their brand backed by a world class, self-service website."
We broke up the challenges into targets
WHAT WE DID
- Interpreted the big vision into a realistic software strategy.
- We made a world class website. We innovated through every turn of the project. We paid attention to every small detail and outdone every other competing product on every detail.
- We made a website that allowed every member to complete the tasks they needed to do online, no matter how diverse or complex.
- We prototyped, studied user experience, adjusted, studied user experience, researched and prototyped some more.
- We made a website that was simple to use to a diverse corporate audience with a beautifully designed interface.
- And as always, we delivered on budget.
What we delievered:
“The IAM has online presence that enables world class collaboration with their members online”.
"The IAM has online presence that enables world class collaboration with their members online."
The Institute of Asset Management (IAM) is the single world’s most prominent thought leader on asset management. IAM’s members consist of global corporations heavily investing into asset management as well as individual asset management professionals.
IAM’s vision was to develop new generation of self-service online whereby any members or organisations could have access to knowledge, collaborate with other members or use any of IAM's services.
IAM has thousands of members using its online services every day. The institute had a number of sophisticated systems supporting its daily operation. We were tasked with creating new self-service facilities online that would tightly link with the current IAM infrastructure, i.e. a total of 12 different systems.
Our second challenge was to design the “big picture strategy” for IAM to ensure that their investment into online systems was not wasted and, in fact, could be built on for years to come.
We optimised existing incumbent systems to ensure that future developments were possible and fully automated self-service applications could be developed.
Finally, we ensured that the new website looked exceptional and was appropriate to any type of corporate member.
As always the cost tolerance was zero.
The big picture
We delivered success. The IAM now offers a variety of online services and facilities to its global online audience. The IAM website is recognised as the “one stop portal” for all of its members' asset management needs, servicing thousands of members every day.
Project scope and execution
Helastel collaborated with IAM to plan, prototype, implement and deliver the entire system to achieve IAM’s big vision. We consulted and saw through the industry-wide, global roll-out, including customer support and migration.
The project was executed on spec and on budget. We provided a full web solution, including the hybrid cloud facilities to deal with the world-wide user demand.
On average, in the time it took you to read this article around 100 people were served by the new IAM website.
Delivering success took:
- 14 experts in their specific fields
- 15 prototype iterations
- 50+ user tests
- 1,000+ man hours
- 20,000 lines of code
- 640,000 requests per day are serviced by IAM
- Back-end database is run by MySQL Enterprise
- Core software is written in PHP
- The system is hosted on a cluster of Gentoo Linux servers
- Front-end web services are hosted on distributed Apache infrastructure