BESPOKE MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT
The big picture:
"Take Note! want to become leaders in the student advertising market through the introduction of a new online service.”
We broke up the challenge up into targets:
What we delivered:
“TakeNote’s online service is now nationally recognised as the best place for student deals.”
"We are really happy with the work we have done with Helastel. We'd be mad to go anywhere else."
Project in detail
TakeNote!’s team are a highly innovative group of individuals, who wanted to revolutionise the landscape of student marketing, speaking to students in their own language about the things they care about.
- Deliver a new online and mobile hub that places Take Note! centre stage of the student advertising market.
- Make an online service to work across all devices, including mobile platforms.
- Ensure tight Facebook and social media integration to effectively leverage the power of the students’ social community.
- Develop a highly scalable platform that would enable them to service the needs of thousands of students and meet their rapid growth targets.
- Ensure that all student discount vouchers are uniquely identifiable and traceable to maintain the quality and integrity of the offering.
- Create a highly optimised user flow to ensure high conversion rates in a market where there is zero tolerance for even the smallest barriers to entry.
- Put in place verification measure to ensure that all users are students.
Project scope and execution
Helastel collaborated with TakeNote! to plan, prototype, implement and deliver the entire system to achieve TakeNote’s big vision. We orchestrated full development of the online portal and continue to work together to grow the business.
The project was executed on spec and on budget. We provided a full bespoke web and mobile solution, including hardware, hybrid cloud facilities and collaboration on continued business development.
The big picture
Thousands of students use TakeNote’s online services every day, gaining access to hundreds of deals to from local and national businesses.
Delivering success took:
- 12 experts in their specific fields
- 10 prototype iterations
- 50+ user tests
- 1,000+ man hours
- 10,000+ lines of code
- 100,000+ requests per day are serviced by Take Note!
- Back-end database is run by MySQL Enterprise
- Core software is written in PHP
- The system is hosted on a cluster of Gentoo Linux servers
- Front-end web services are hosted on distributed Apache infrastructure